A series of five workshops aimed at helping local businesses grow and thrive will kick off on August 18.
Operators of micro, small and medium-sized locally based businesses are encouraged to register for the workshops to learn the ins and outs of starting a business, brand building, lead creation, sales and social media.
Campbelltown City Council has partnered with the South West Sydney Business Enterprise Centre to put on the workshops.
· Brand building for small business – 9.30am to midday on Friday 18 August, covering how businesses can identify their true avatar and how they should be speaking to them, and learning where their unique place is in the market and how to own it.
· The power of effective prospecting – 9.30am to midday on Wednesday 8 November, covering how to build a referral-based business, and 10 proven strategies for lead generation in networking.
· How to sell your services – 9.30am to midday on Wednesday 21 February 2018, covering how to sell to different types of people, sales strategies that work and closing a sale.
· Social Media 101 – 9.30am to midday on Tuesday 10 April 2018, providing an overview of a range of social media platforms, and how to create a social media strategy on each platform.
· How to start a small business – 9.30am to midday on Friday 8 June 2018, explaining the steps required to establish a small business, including registration, legal issues, record keeping, local council requirements and business plans.
Mayor of Campbelltown, Cr George Brticevic, said the growth forecast for Campbelltown over the next 20 years would provide a wealth of opportunities for small business operators to grow and succeed.
“Council recognises the importance of a strong small business sector to the prosperity and vibrancy of our city, and is committed to ensuring local businesses have the support and knowledge they need to thrive,” he said.
“These workshops are part of that commitment, and I would encourage local business operators to take advantage of the opportunity to improve their skills and business processes by coming along and hearing from experts in their fields.”
The workshops will be held at Campbelltown City Council’s Staff Training Centre, 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown, and cost just $10 for Campbelltown LGA business participants (usually $49 per person). Bookings can be made online by visiting campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/ smallbusinessworkshop, or for more information call South West Sydney Business Enterprise Centre on 4647 6232.