Campbelltown City Council has released its latest Small Business Development program, which has a particular focus on supporting leadership development for women in the coming year.
Council has worked with several training providers to develop a varied program of workshops, development programs and mentoring opportunities for the 2018-19 financial year.
The program targets several industry sectors and, for the first time, includes the Women in Business Leadership development program.
There is also a new business incubation scholarship program that will give four new or aspiring businesses the opportunity to work from the South West Sydney Business Enterprise Centre co-working space for six months.
They will also receive access to regular mentoring and development programs.
The program also includes:
- A fortnightly business advice referral service on the first and third Thursday of the month
- Human resources related courses, including recruitment, performance management, business writing, presentation skills, assertiveness and dealing with difficult people
- Social media, marketing and branding workshops
- Speed networking
- Financial management, starting a small business, customer care and sales techniques workshops
- A microbusiness expo at Campbelltown Arts Centre.
Information about Council’s Small Business Development program is available from the Chambers of Commerce, South West Sydney BEC, micro business networks and council’s business e-newsletter, website and Facebook page.
For more information about the Small Business Development program, visit campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/businessevents
- Don’t forget the Narellan business chamber breakfast with the premier, Gladys Berejiklian on Wednesday, August 1. Visit the chamber website for more information.
- Also, Campbelltown business chamber’s next first Friday drinks at 5pm will be in the Bambu Lounge, Wests Leagues Leumeah on Friday, August 3.