Go4Fun is an exciting lifestyle program that encourages children to get active and healthy.
With local childhood obesity rates sitting above the state average, there has never been a better time for families to make healthy habits part of their daily regime.
Go4Fun manager Kezia Okulicz said the introduction of Go4Fun provides lifestyle alternatives for families that inject the fun back into fitness and wellbeing.
“Go4Fun is an inclusive and stimulating healthy lifestyle program that is offered free to children aged seven to 13 years who are above a healthy weight,” Ms Okulicz said.
“We ensure that both parents and their children are involved in the program through engaging and interactive group learning sessions.
“The sessions are also filled with a range of games and activities, educating both the child and parent on the importance of healthy eating and physical activity.
“We’ve had great success when following up with children who have finished the program.
“We see many of the kids leaving with improved self esteem and confidence, newly developed fitness levels and sporting skills, and an all-round improvement in their mental and physical health,” she said.
The program provides parents with advice on weight and role modelling, and nutrition information on food serving sizes and label reading in a supportive environment.
♦ Go4Fun runs for 10 weeks after school during the school term starting at the following venues:
• Eagle Vale Leisure centre, Monday 10th October 5 – 7pm
• Tahmoor Public School, Tuesday 11th October 4-6pm
• Bankstown PCYC, Wednesday 12th October 4.30-6.30pm
• Holsworthy Public School, Wednesday 12th October 4-6pm
• Cabramatta PCYC, Thursday 13th October 4-6pm
• Mittagong PCYC, Thursday 13th October 4-6pm
• Macquarie Fields Leisure Centre, Thursday 13th October 4.30-6.30pm
• Mt Annan Leisure Centre, Saturday 15th October 1-3pm
• Revesby Max Parker Leisure Centre, Saturday 15th October 1-3pm
For more details visit the Go4fun website here or free call 1800 780 900.