Decorate your Easter basket or cupcakes, meet the Sydney Thunder cricket team, explore the world of Minecraft or discover threatened species during the school holidays.
The free and action-packed program of events includes some drop-in activities that do not require bookings including Cool, Calm and Coloured Week and Games Day.
Bookings are essential for all other activities including Egg-cellent Easter Baskets, Easter PJ Storytime and Marvellous Mosaics.
“Our public libraries are enjoyable and accessible places to visit during the school holidays and they play an important role in our community,’’ says Campbelltown Mayor George Brticevic. “The wide choice of holiday activities on offer gives school children of all ages and interests the chance to have fun while they learn and challenge themselves,’’ Cr Brticevic said.
“I encourage parents and carers to visit our libraries during the school holidays and help their children develop a lifelong love of learning,’’ he said.
The school holiday program starts next Monday and runs during April 15-26.
- Children and their parents or carers can pop into Campbelltown’s HJ Daley Library, Eagle Vale Library, Greg Percival Library, Ingleburn and Glenquarie Library, Macquarie Fields for Cool, Calm and Coloured Week from Monday 15 April to Thursday 18 April.
- Hop into HJ Daley Library for Everything Easter 2.30pm to 3.30pm, Monday 15 April.
- The Sydney Thunder cricket team will visit HJ Daley Library 10am to 11am and Eagle Vale Library 12pm to 1pm, Tuesday 16 April.
- Make Egg-cellent Easter Baskets at Eagle Vale Library 2pm to 3pm, Wednesday 17 April.
- Enjoy an Easter-themed PJ Storytime at Greg Percival Library, Ingleburn 6pm to 7pm, Wednesday 17 April.
- Pop into all four libraries for Games Day anytime on Tuesday 23 April, Wednesday 24 April and Friday 26 April.
- Come dressed in your favourite superhero pyjamas for a themed Storytime at HJ Daley Library 6.30pm to 7.30pm, Wednesday 24 April.
Bookings for all activities, except the drop-in events, are essential and open at 9.30am, Tuesday 9 April. Bookings can be made online through Eventbrite at www.campbelltowncitylibrary.eventbrite.com